Sunday 26 March 2017

First Week Of Spring CatchUp

This time at Panorama we had a very quiet midweek, I had Monday-Wednesday off due to lack of lessons booked. Which meant I was able to get out and do some free riding of my own. I worked Thursday-Saturday as we got slammed by spring break holiday makers. Now on a sunny Sunday, I am once again left to my own devices. Pancakes, skyping, blogging and snowboard are what the day holds I think, with some summer job organisation as well.
Happy Mother's Day by the way! Love to all my familly back at home xxx

Start of the week: Lazy mornings with snowboarding in the terrain park in the afternoon. I love jumping around in the kickers and sliding on the rails/boxes. I'm just getting used to falling through the air before I add style - which would make it flying (thanks Buzz Lightyear.) I've got to take it easy because I don't want an injury prior to my CASI level 2 course next week starting Tuesday!
https://splice.gopro.com/v?id=VPWYZd

This week we also picked up a football so we can have a kick around together, I haven't played football in so long it was great to have a run out. Although I forgot how competitive we can all get.. so our friendly 5-aside turned scrappy very quickly! All of us picked up knocks and aches from the physical excursion and questionable tackling. I could feel my swollen shins in my snowball boots come Wednesday! Hilarious fun, definitely on the table for next week. We play North vs. South. North won thanks to yours truly picking up 5 assists and a couple goals. Plus now that the word has got out that we have a football, more brits from the ski school wanted to some join in. Next weeks game should be a cracker.

We also got a care package from our lovely neighbours containing half a dozen packets of crisps which were very welcome. In other news our mates from pre season are back for the level 2 courses, so it's nice to have them around and catch up.

Come the end of the week I was back at work, I was on standby in the morning and on children's lessons in the afternoon. It was great! They were all snowboarders! Lots of beginners, as well as a level 3 yesterday which was super fun! 
Talking about yesterday, it was very odd. It seemed that all the spring break families had arrived in the morning and had booked the kids for afternoon lessons. Often we have maybe 3/4 in a group day lesson including add-ons at 1pm for just afternoon lesson. However yesterday, we had 6 add-ons at 1pm! It can be a little disruptive, new people bring new personalities, and new names and abilities for you to learn! It can be hard to organise them all, and make sure everyone is learning and included. Therefore me and my collegue Euan, co-taught for the start of the lesson and then split the group of 11 in half. It worked excellently, and everyone had a great time. My level 3s were great listeners and up to try everything I asked - the perfect students! We were jumping around, making turns and spinning around having fun. 

Every Saturday we have an earlier meeting to go through announcements and give out Pano-points. A way of recognising employees who have proved themselves durning the week according to Panoramas' 4 values: Thinking always thinking, Above and behyond, I am the resort and Inspiring confidence. I finally got recommended and mentioned in a customer survey! It read something like: 'My daughters instructor Zak was outstanding. With his help she can finally tackle chair lifts and now feels part of the snowboarder family.' 

I don't have a picture of the recommendation card but I will get it later today. I give everything to my job and absolutely love it, which is fullfiling enough for me to be content. To have recognition for my effort and passion is really motivating, and gratifying to know that people do notice my work, and appreciate it. Now I can pull a ticket out of a hat and be rewarded with a voucher to spend at the resort: $5-$20, exciting sttuff.

Until next time! 


1 comment:

  1. Yay pano points! Achieved everything you set out to do now!

    ReplyDelete