Sunday 28 May 2017

Final weekend in Invermere

Fantastic weather, friends and activities. With some stunning photos to prove it. Will update soon. I've a busy day of traveling tomorrow!!

UPDATE**

At the airport now waiting for my flight! I'm trying to make good use of the free wifi to tell you more about my long weekend! Friday consisted of a lot of relaxing by the beach in the sun and popping into Gerrys to fuel my gelato addiction and see my friends. Who knows what I'll do when I get home?! I also said my first goodbyes to friends in the evening as I knew I'd not have too much time after camping and whatnot. It was really nice to catch up, chat and also catch up on my scrap book! And no day is complete without a skate park session with Dom. Brilliantly documented by us all mucking about with my GoPro!











Saturday was camping day. 8am start - early! I barely had time to pack up lunch and get ready before we were off in Joshs' truck. We went for all of Saturday and then Sunday morning. Josh was taking us to his and Machos favourite spot (remember the his newfound dog!) Steamboat lake. It's about an hours drive from Invermere toward radium camping amount the forest by a gorgeous topaz lake, in view of the snowy mountain peaks. We were fishing, paddle boarding, swimming, diving, slack lining and all sorts! Always relaxing in between enjoying the fantastic sunshine. And the cherry on top? The northern lights were out over the weekend! A swirling river of green, fluctuating in the sky.















On Sunday me and Dom went for a hike before leaving. And the rest of Sunday flew by with all the little jobs I had to do to be prepared to vacate my house and leave the country. And more goodbyes. Haven't cried yet though! Yet. I'm so happy I got to enjoy my last weekend this way and have so many lovely photos to cherish.







To my family, I love you as always and see you all soon! Xx

1 comment:

  1. Northern Lights! OMG on my bucket list that is fab! Well done sunshine looking forward to seeing you in Manc! xx

    ReplyDelete