Tuesday 11 April 2017

Less Than A Week Left Of The Season!

With only a week left in the season business has been running at a steady, slow pace. I'm so happy I went ahead with the ski qualification. Those two planks are keeping me employed!

While snowboard lesson have been slow I have been smashing my full days of ski kids. I am now king of Snowbirds! I've really been in to making up stories and creating obstacle courses for the kids to learn by and it works wonders. Seeing little happy faces and improvement in their skiing is wonderful. I even got tipped more than my hourly rate the other day which makes it even more worthwhile and (I hope) reflected my hard, good work. The last couple of days though I have had the same wacky 6 year old from England which has been heaps of fun. Babbling, happy kids are the best.

The other day I got a lift home from Josh, a good friend and snowboard mentor from my season! He showed me his house and had a beer together, it was pretty cool. He lives completely off the grid in the woods half way between Pano and Invermere and I can see why. It's so quiet and peacefulwith an amazing view. Just look! He lives in a solar powered log cabin and it's just beautiful. Look at his shaggy Newfoundland called Mocho.





Already this week I've had 2/3 of my house mates leave. By tomorrow evening it will just be me left in the Rack Shack! As another one of my good friends leave. It's going to be awfully strange. Hopefully I will pick up work in the local supermarket or even the cafe (I replied to an online ad this morning) which will keep me busy and employed until I leave Invermere and fly to Ottawa!

Love to all my family xxx huge end of season parties to come which should hold some hilarious shenanigans. Until next time!



 My kid got so excited when he saw the gondola at lunch we just had to try it, we even convinced the whole lunch time crew to come with us! Fun!
Last men standing in the Rack Shack

In other news I have 94 days on snow on my lift pass, if I want 100 I need to make ever day we have left. Time to run for the bus.. Again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment