Friday 5 May 2017

May the 4th Be With You: CatchUp!

Had six working days in the past week so it's been super tiring and busy. The weather is starting to really pick up in Invermere, mid twenties and higher which means customers have slowly but surely flocking to our door at Gerrys! I've been really getting into the creative side of things no that I'm competent at drinks, gelato and waffles. I've baked cookies, prepared soups, made waffle cone, sweet Liege (circular desserts) and Brussels waffles (savoury squares) I love it. Otherwise to fill the time I've started being a notepad to doodle in when I have no pressing jobs to busy myself with.



Prior to all that work I had a relaxed end of April. Odd days of work and day trips around the local area. I've started to get back into running so that I don't feel bad about all that gelato I've been eating!


Oh! And I almost forgot, I cheated death last week.. I was getting a lift from a friend and a deer forced us to brake which sent us into a spin, coming to a stop at the side of the road. Thankfully no one was hurt, no other cars were involved but it was still pretty scary. My friend the driver; she was very shaken up - no wonder! Myself.. I must have something wired wrong in my brain because I was very calm immediately aftwepards, and ever since been in a inexplicably good mood. I feel blessed to be alive and well in a beautiful part of the world surrounded by good people. She even had me over for dinner after the crash for a wonderful veggie lasagna and garlic bread. Her best friend has worked for 5 years under a Michelin two star chef so it's safe to say he's decent at cooking! Whereas I brought some cookies and ice cream from work! Lazy bones.





Which reminds me, I never feedback on my dinner party! Huge success, everyone brought lovely food. We all sat round a table together and had a great time. I felt very proud of myself and grown up to be honest. It was a great way to mark the end of the Rack Shack being all mine.


The chronology of this post has been higgledy piggledy but hey ho. Hope you all feeel up to date now. Cannot wait for my flight home on the 29th May to see my family again! I'll be sad to leave but happy I'll be going back to Canada soon. Bring on the summer!

1 comment:

  1. And we can't wait to see you! Great blog! And glad you're safe x

    ReplyDelete