Sunday 26 February 2017

Double Threat

Today was the first day of my ski instructor training! I've been lobbed in with a great bunch of snowboard instructors ( four of us ) all learning how to ski. I've learnt so much and come a long way already: the understanding of skiing, techniques/terminology and the basic competencies- in particular MOBILITY. Being able to manoeuvre the mountain with skis on but also the range of movements/body positions one must uphold in order to stay centred and balanced whilst defying gravity, flying head first down a mountain. Don't I sound like I know what I'm on about?!

Its hilarious being a novice again and being in a course environment with some good friends. We all look like bambi on ice at times but on the whole.. we're doing it! We will morph into ski instructors! Plus its a hot topic around the resort with liftys and cafĂ© staff laughing at our efforts and asking how we're getting on.

Manage to pick up some trash poles which are a perfect size for me from the 'boneyard' (pile of discarded poles found abandoned around the resort.) They're black and gold which adds to my classy riding of course. Next stop skis, but my borrowed pair of carving skis are perfect so far.

Working tomorrow with an after work ski study session about beginner progression and more technical stuff. Back on skis for training on Tuesday, but only after I work a 1 hour school group in the AM. We have 220 kids booked in for Tuesday already.. excluding add-ons! Love the madness!

Some of my colleges chillaxing outside the grand hall at break time.

Love to all my family xx until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment